Buildings and Systems Engineering SpecialistPrimary Locatie: EINDHOVEN, Netherlands Job ID R22009427
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
BaSE is the technical department at UPS in Eindhoven which takes care of building and sorting systems, maintenance, design and construction. With our team we ensure the highest maintenance standard on the conveyor systems in order to keep the reliability at highest level, minimize any downtimes and ensure a safe work environment within the UPS buildings.
What do you do in this position?
- Assists with determining proper corrective action to be taken with damaged or worn equipment based on the history of breakdowns;
- Assists with dispatching BaSE Technicians to complete necessary conveyor system repairs;
- Monitors status of repair and PMI updates daily to ensure timely completion of work;
- Assists with conducting facility inspections and identifying operational improvements needed to promote efficiency of package flow and safety;
- Assists with identifying and scheduling necessary repairs and preventative maintenance, through the use of technicians and outside vendors, to maintain the condition of the facility;
- Meets with operations regularly and stays abreast of any new projects requiring special equipment to ensure that needed equipment is ordered (e.g., lights, diverters, etc.)
- In cooporation with operation leads you’re responsible for smooth process of the sort
What do we expect from you for this position?
- Electromechanical/- technical degree (Bachelor not necessarily required) is mandatory
- PLC or related programming experience including troubleshooting; basic understanding of networks;
- Motor control theory and operation including basic AC and DC electrical troubleshooting
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics and elementary diagrams.
- Experience and proficiency in reading and interpreting blueprints, drawings, electrical schematics and elementary diagrams
- Capable of leading a team of technicians
What do you receive from us for this position?
- A competitive salary based on experience starting from 4200 bruto per month (including shift work allowance)
- Excellent benefits including 27.5 leave days based on a full-time position, 8% holiday allowance, travel allowance, company pension scheme, collective health insurance, phone/laptop (if needed), bicycle scheme and discounts at gym subscription.
- Industry-leading training to build on your existing talents.
- Plenty of opportunity to progress and grow thanks to our ‘promotion from within policy’.
How we recruit:
UPS is committed to a policy of treating individuals fairly and recruiting, selecting, training, promoting and compensating based on merit, experience and other work-related criteria. We do not discriminate against any applicant based on age, race, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.
A bit about a big business
Founded in 1907 as a messenger company in the United States, UPS has grown into a multi-billion-dollar corporation by clearly focusing on the goal of enabling commerce around the globe. Today, UPS is a global company with one of the most recognised and admired brands in the world. We have become the world's largest package delivery company and a leading global provider of specialised transportation and logistics services. Every day, we manage the flow of goods, funds and information in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide.
UPS is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
Je hebt nog geen vacatures bekeken.
Vergelijkbare functiesAl onze beschikbare vacatures bekijken
Functies op de kaart
Ontdek waar Future You heen gaat.Meer informatie
Ontvang Job Alerts
Kom nog een stap dichter bij Future You.